In 1966 at the tender age of 17, I joined the International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental and Reinforcing Ironworkers. During my 35-year career, I worked in all facets of the trade, including rebar, ornamental, raising gang, connector, foreman etc. I was also employed as a heaving rigging superintendent for Rigging International working on nuclear plants in Satsop, Washington, North Carolina, California, and Taipei, Taiwan. In 1991 I was elected to the Executive Board of Ironworkers Local 86. I served a 3-year term and in 1993. I was re-elected to a second term. In 1996 I was elected as President/Business Representative of Seattle WA. In 2000 I retired as an active Union Ironworker and chose to pursue a career in construction safety. Summer of 1999, I enrolled in Evergreen Safety Council's Safety & Health Specialist's Program, completing the course December 15th 1999 and received my certification as a Safety and Health Specialist, including First Aid/CPR Instructor Certification. In March of 2000 I was employed by Pacific Erector's a local union steel erector as their Safety Coordinator. March of 2000 I started my own business, Fall Protection Consulting. I have completed OSHA training 500, 501, 510 and 311 Fall Arrest Systems, Competent Person for Excavation, Certified Rigging Gear Inspector, and Certified Forklift Instructor as well as an OSHA 10 & 30-hour authorized outreach trainer. My goal is to provide Pacer Steel and their Ironworkers complete service in their Accident Prevention Programs, including Site Specific Fall Protection Work Plans, training and documentation to assure compliance with the applicable OSHA, DOSH Safety and Health Codes.
- 03/2006 OSHA Training Institute Certificate of Completion: OSHA 502 Update for Construction Outreach Trainer
- 08/2005 Training & Inspection Resource Center Certificate of Completion: Rigging Gear Inspector Level II
- 05/2005 Hammer Training and Education Center Certificate of Completion: Excavation Competent Person
- 04/2005 South Seattle Community College Certificate of Completion: MUTCD Certified Traffic Control Flagger
- 02/2004 Evergreen Safety Council Certificate of Completion: Powered Industrial Truck (Forklift) Trainer Course
- 07/2002 Evergreen Safety Council Certificate of Completion: Fall Protection Rescue Awareness
- 07/2002 Region X OSHA Training Institute Certificate of Completion: OSHA 501 Trainer Course General Industry.
- 05/2002 Region X OSHA Training Institute Certificate of Completion: OSHA 311 Fall Arrest Systems
- 02/2002 Region X OSHA Training Institute Certificate of Completion: OSHA 500 Trainer Course Construction Industry
- 12/2001 Region X OSHA Training Institute Certificate of Completion: OSHA 510 Construction Industry Standards
- 1999 Evergreen Safety Council Certificate of Completion: Safety and Health Specialist s Program
- 1991/1992 George Meany Center for Labor Studies Certificate of Completion: Labor Studies
- 1969/1971 South Seattle Community College Vocational Certificate Journeyman Ironworker.